10.13.2010

Rest In Pieces - Day 13 of 31 Days of Halloween

Welcome back! Today I bring you...
ZOMBIES!

LOL...was that dramatic enough? I tried to make the word "ZOMBIES!" bigger, but that's as big as blogger would let me. I hope you heard the "DUM - DUM - DUMMMMMMM" music that played in my head while I typed it.

OK, enough playing, let's get down to business. I used the Build A Zombie Alphabet (Smeared Ink, of course). I bought these cool little frames from Michael's yesterday and spray painted them orange, black, and green in honor of fall and Halloween. While those were drying I stamped my images on white card stock and colored them with my prismacolor markers. The zombie heads are very special because my 2 year old daughter decided to color them too...with her purple marker. You can barely see where she got them, but I thought it would be a nice touch, so left them as is.  ;)  I also used the letters R, I and P from the alphabet and colored them. Then I used the words Rest In Pieces off of the tombstone, cut them up individually and distressed the paper. I glued my elements onto black cardstock (front and back) and then put them in the frames. The last touch was adding the ribbon. I first that this would be an awesome necklace, but I tried it on and the frames are pretty large. It might make a better keychain....oh well. Hope you like! I had to take multiple pictures because the colors were getting washed out...and I just like to take pictures  ;)



Front:





Back: 





Have fun hopping!


16 comments:

  1. Awesome I love it great idea
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this is just wicked cool. LOVE the backs of them too. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very awesome, never thought to use the back of the frames! wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this idea!! I think it looks fab on you! very good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and love the "too Pieces" part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cool little frames! This is another great idea! Love that your daughter got involved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, I love they are double sided and that you got your daughter involved

    ReplyDelete
  8. more quality time with mum is never ever a bad thing and love the fact you have included her additions. The project itself is beautiful. Even if you decide not to wear it as a necklace - it could adorn 1 of those wig manikins - they don't mind any jaggy bits
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW! And it's reversable! How fun Tori! I love this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow i say too that is a wicked necklace...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this as a necklace...I would love it as a keychain as well but either way you did an amazing job! I love the lil frames

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wicked necklace! Zombie heads can always use a touch of purple so it's good that your daughter helped with that. Great find on the frames too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is terrific! The little pic frames are great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is a great project girl! I love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete