10.01.2010

Candy Is Dandy- Day 1 of 31 Days of Halloween

Welcome to my first 31 Days post! This month is going to be totally and completely awesome with all the amazing Halloweeny Projects coming your way! See my side bar for more details on 31 Days of Halloween and how to win some awesome prizes!! I hope you enjoy it as much as us WICKED BLOGGERS will enjoy creating!!
 
For my First project I used all stamps from the "Candy is Dandy" set from Smeared Ink. This set is brand new and won't be available for order until October 15th! Make sure you write it on your calendar if it's something you want, I have a feeling they will go fast!!!


For the background of my card I used some Halloween DP. I watered down some acrylic paint and used a sponge to drip it down my paper splattered it a bit. After that was dry, I distressed it with Tim Holtz distress pads. I colored my images with Prismacolors and used white paint pen (again) for my highlighting. For the "Candy is Dandy" sentiment I stamped it on plain white card stock and then used mod podge to adhere some polka dot tissue paper over the top of it...I traced it with a black marker so it would show thru better. Oh...and on my cute little costumed character...I added a sparkly to his heart.  :)

After all my elements were colored and cut out, I glued them all together on some regular black cardstock. I used some pop dots to create some depth  :)

Hope you like my first project!!! Come back tomorrow for another fab Halloween creation!!







Oh, and don't forget to visit all the participating Wicked Blogs



Smeared and Smudged
 
Terra
Tori (me)
Black
Dragon

Jane
Anita Marie
Meredith
Sugar
Kapree
Kelli
Alex
Lynette
Alison
Lisa
Shelley
Danielle
Lady
Brayton



20 comments:

  1. totally freakin awesome,love ink that looks like blood....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love it great project love the blood
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Details, I don't need no stinkin details to know that this is freakin WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blood, great project.
    Shelley :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so freakin' fabulous! I love the rich colors, the dripping blood, and the coloring/painting. Fantastic eye-candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! Can't wait to find out where those col stamps are from. Awesome blood! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creepy cool! I love all the blood!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The skull cherry is the best! Love it all and the background is fabulous. It looks like it was FUN to make!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg that is great! blood! awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cherry skull and blood - wicked cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tori! That is amazing!! Everthing about it!! Super rad for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome project and a great way to start out the 31 days of Halloween!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tori, love the background you created. Also like the messy hands and face on your little guy, he has the look of chocolate overload in his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the twisted cuteness. I gotta get me that set

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dripped and splats of paint. It really makes the card. Great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tori this is awesome. love how you made the BP, all the little elements. I've never used mod podge - but love how the sentiment looks stamped onto the polkadots

    ReplyDelete
  17. The splatter and drip is a great effect, will have to add to my must try list. Great stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the blood effect, love this card, great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that is just so cool...thanks for telling me how to do that blood effect I'm so going to use it! and I can't wait for this set to come out it looks like so much fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cool... and I love the dripping blood & splatters!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com
    zloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete