10.19.2010

Evanescence - Day 19 of 31 Days of Halloween

Wow, October is a LOOOOOONG month! We're getting there though. I have a lot more fun stuff up my sleeves!

So, for Day 19 I tried something completely new to me and am very disappointed with my results. I bought some clay a couple of weeks ago and have been dying to try it out with my stamps. So, I finally did. Everything seemed to go well. I stamped out my image, Praise Angel from Smeared Ink, into the clay (a couple days ago to give it time to dry). Last night, I painted it with acrylic paints. It was much harder to paint than I thought it would be...and I didn't have any of the colors that I pictured in my head. Oh well....anyhoo, I found these awesome boxes at Hobby Lobby. I didn't do anything to them...they're awesome. I glue'd my angle to one and then on a piece of manilla paper I wrote out "Am I too lost to be saved? Evanescence".  I love that song and thought it was fitting. Then, I stamped it with "SLAVE" and distressed the crap-o-la out of it. So, after all that, I took my pictures, I moved it and the angel broke in half. The clay was very fragile.

But, I'm a cup half full kinda gal....so the brighter side is - i get to reuse the box for another project! :)




11 comments:

  1. Way cool, he was a beautiful addition to that box you found, I think youre painting him turned out great. Bummer that he broke :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame the angel broke but stick with it as that box looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you're not happy with the end result! I think it's pretty damn cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After all of that, you still made a fab project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic I love it so sad that your angel broke
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great box, sorry that the angel broke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shame about the angel, he did look good - maybe, next time, push the clay onto some wiremesh to help strengthen? That is a great box and if you don't succeed - try again ?
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. dude, that suxs that he broke, but i love the box! maybe try polymer clay next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way cool and worth the wait! So sorry your awesome angel broke. I went looking for clay after seeing all of the fab stuff on the hop, but didn't know what kind to get. Used to be something called paperclay but I couldn't find it locally. Thought it would be less fragile. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful box and sorry to hear about your angel, I've been wanting to get some clay too and try it out, now I know to be very careful, thanks for sharing all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is great...I'm sorry it broke=(

    ReplyDelete