10.14.2010

Halloween Scream - Day 14 of 31 Days of Halloween

First, an announcement!

If you don't receive our newsletter you might want to sign up!..You'll get first hand info on our New Releases, Sales, and exclusive coupons! This is what is going on NOW:

From October 14 through October 17, Smeared Ink is hosting a Halloween Hysteria Sale! Stock up on your favorite in-stock Smeared Ink images at 25% off*. Includes all in stock rubber and digi sets.
Our shop will reflect the sale prices starting tomorrow, and we will be updating available quantities for each rubber set. Once our inventory is gone, the set will no longer be available to purchase at the sale price. 

Now is the perfect time to stock up on all your favorite stamp sets from Smeared Ink!

*Please Note: Sale price not valid on preorder or out of stock stamp sets, cling mount, apparel or other gift items.




OK, now for the hop! 

This project just kind-of happened and I'm extremely pleased at how it came out. Last night I was searching for inspiration and found an awesome image in one of my magazines. It's a metallic print of a close-up of a face. The eyes are closed and the skin looks worn. My lightbulb went off and here we go...

I chose to mix this awesome image with one of the As Death stamps (Smeared Ink). I colored my image with prismacolor markers and then used clear crackle over the entire image. I really like the effect even though it was hard to photograph. For my sentiment I used the words Halloween and SCREAM from the Lonely Boy and Puff set (Smeared Ink). I distressed them with my peeled paint ink pad and then used the clear crackle on them as well. I ripped the edges of my background image and glued it to my black card stock. Then I punched some small holes so I could sew some silver twine through it. I applied my other images and then added in some more twine on the sentiments and over the eyes of my background image. My coworker saw the card this morning and told me that it really creeps her out. LOL. I laughed....just a normal laugh though, I need to work on my evil laugh.





Once again, I hope you're enjoying our hop! A lot of fabulous artist are working really hard to bring you all these great Halloween Projects!! You might have noticed that my blog has changed a little so I wanted to be sure to point out that the 31 Days of Halloween info is still located on my sidebar with the list of Wicked Blog Participants.


11 comments:

  1. I had to laugh because as I was reading about your coworkers' reaction, my coworker was walking by asking what I was looking at because it looked scarey ;) Guess you did a great job then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just sorta happened huh? Well shit, I wish I could just sorta happen stuff like that!!! It's frickin wicked dude! LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  3. wickedness! love what you did! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool, I was thinking of sewn up eyes the other day and now I have a great reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome just love it
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what your co worker is talking about! That card is freakin wicked awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creep-tastic for sure! This is sick and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally wicked awesome, love the stiching...

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW isn't it amazing what you can find in magazines. I love the death mask look you have given it. The stitching across the eyes is for me the little thing that makes this. as well of course as the stamped image. Love that set
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to have to start getting more magazines. This is totally wicked, love the creepy silver face with stitched eyes. Oh and I like the new look of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this card is great! I love the image combo! and the fact that it scares people is that much better!

    ReplyDelete