10.12.2010

A little bit of Poe - Day 12 of 31 Days of Halloween


For my project today I decided to try something new. While I was shopping the other day I saw some really cool halloween glasses that were clear glass covered by black paint except for the image...kinda like a burn-out image....so I wanted to try it. I used an old mason jar and some flat black spray paint. I made a stencil out of my stamp and used elmer's glue to adhere it to my jar where I wanted it to stay clear glass. Then I sprayed away! The hardest part was making the stencil. Once the paint was dry i scraped the stencil off to reveal my image. To finish off the jar I used some hot glue to drip down the top and colored it with some nail polish.

These aren't the best pictures in the world...idealy it would have a tealight candle in it, but I didn't have any, so I had to light it up with my lamp so you could see the image.

I'm thinking of doing a mini jar to match that uses the Nevermore stamp (Smeared Ink). Hope you recognize this guy  :)



If you like what you see on our hop and haven't visited the Smeared and Smudged Forum....you really should!! There are tons of talented people there and love to share their art and techniques with each other. Check it out here.

And don't forget the other Wicked Blogs!!! 
The list is still located on my sidebar for your convenience ;)


15 comments:

  1. so awesome! love this idea! great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! Love the drippy blood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! What a great idea! I have several (like 20) mason jars. I may have to give it a go!! Fab job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and who'd have thought nail polish would have so many halloween uses? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! I would have probably started with a much easier image to make the stencil... like a square... lol Hope you do make the mini jars, that would make a great set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is too cool! Im gonna have to get some more nail polish! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing. I love the blood dripping down too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet another wonderful altered item from you Tori. Love the Poe - and can imagine what that is going to look like when lit with a candle...fantastic glue blood as well
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow Tori so kool, that would look so wicked with a tea light candle in it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Teri! How'd you make that stamp into a stencil? Looks pretty complicated but well worth the effort! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is really cool! I'm going to have to try it....I love the image you used and the dripping blood is just the best!

    ReplyDelete