10.07.2010

Lonely Boy - Day 7 of 31 Days of Halloween!

Thank you for all the well wishes yesterday! I am still not 100% but am feeling much better.

Alrighty....for Day 7 - I used one of my cool coffins that I got from Michael's. I spray painted the entire thing black and glue'd some catfish bones (we have a big pond and I find bones all the time) to the outside of the coffin. I distressed the bones with Tim Holtz inks. Then I stamped my Lonely Boy (Smeared Ink) images on white card stock, colored them with prisma color markers, and cut them out. Let me tell you, cutting out a spider web is not easy...even with an Xacto blade. After all my pieces were colored and trimmed, I made a couple of paper accordians by folding black card stock in opposite directions. I used these to "float" my stamped images inside the coffin. After getting them all in place I added some dark purple tissue paper as the coffin lining. You can see that Lonely Boy floats above the lining...cause he's a ghost...DUH! LOL  ;)  I put Puff and his spiderweb on the opposite side and then I painted the OOZE with acrylic paints. I used a fork to get the dripping effect on the outside of the coffin. I hope you like!  :)




 








Have fun hopping around on the other Wicked Blogs!

15 comments:

  1. OMG, Tori! Those bones are sick! Love Lonely Boy's face from being in that coffin. FAB project! Hope you're feelin' better! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!!!
    I love Lonley Boy and puff!! I can't believe you cut that whole spider web out!! The bones on the front are gross, in a Halloween way! Ths project is OFF the hook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want catfish bones...ready, GO!
    This project is so sick, I'm so glad you used Lonely Boy cause I was feigning for him!!!LOL You are amazing, awesome!!! I'm stealing your idea for one of my coffins.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude real bones!!!! how awesome, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the inside of your coffin!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok now that is Wicked - real bones. What an added bonus the inside is. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Freaky! I am impressed that you distressed the bones! Lonely Boy and Puff look great! I like the drips on the outside of the coffin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome. The bones are really creepy and lonely boy looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creepy cool! Love how he's floating in the coffin and the bones ick! LOL but so awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally wicked , im lovin the bones and the stamped lonely boy looks awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome. Love the way lonely boy appears to be floating. I'm glad I'm not the only one to use bones, lol
    Hope you're feeling better
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fish on top that is so cool! and that image is great for the inside...Love the drippy yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love lonely boy and puff!!!! This is totally freakin cool! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow that is too cool! I'm sorry I missed ya yesterday..I forgot to come back :(
    I love this though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is ... WOW!!! The spiderweb is cut out amazingly. I am not sure I ever would have taken the time and KNOW it wouldn't have stayed in one piece! Love it ALL!

    ReplyDelete