10.09.2010

Home Sweet Home - Day 9 of 31 Days of Halloween

Today I did something a little different. I got this really cool cardboard skull from Michael's. Some of you may have seen these and I know have already used them for some awesome projects.



For my skull, I used a whole lot of Mod Podge and a whole lot of white tissue paper. I crumbled up the tissue and applied it to my skull everywhere but the teeth and the bottom. After that, I coated the top of the tissue paper in the Mod Podge to give it that extra hold and a little bit of shimmer. I used watered down black acrylic paint and Tim holtz distressing ink to color the "skin" (tissue paper).

Then, I added the spiders, two big ones and two little ones (Smeared Ink's Killer Bo Peep set). I colored them with prismacolor markers before gluing them with sone Elmer's glue to the skull - leaving portions raised up to give them some depth.

The last touch was the copper colored bow that I got from a really awesome gift that I received this week. Thanks Black Dragon!!!







Hope you love my skully-skull! Have fun hopping on this fine Saturday!!! If you need a refresher on any of the info for 31 Days of Halloween you can find it on my sidebar under the list of Wicked Blogs!!!!

16 comments:

  1. OMG, Tori! I WANT this! Super fabulously creepy. The texture is amazing! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! And I mean that in the nicest way possible...this skull is creeeeepy! It looks mumified! It's gross and fantastic! Those spiders are equally nasty. Again, in the nicest way possible!!! ;}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wicked!! It looks like an old skull that someone found in their back yard!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SICK! Oh my gosh- it is truly decayed and creepy looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cool!!! loving this!!! my michael's didn't have that awesome skull, or the coffin box :(. wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a fantastic skull it is so creepy looking
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW. looks like this has just been dug up before finishing the decomposing stage. It's fantastic. LOVE the spiders
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. EW! This is so gross, I love it!!! Super creepy and then you have a sweet bow on it... very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. creeepy and amazing! love it! the bow is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome, spooky and a little eeeuuuw factor

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is totally cool, those spiders are killer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh is right - love the copper and the spiders - he's creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. those spiders are so cool!! and that bow is cute! way cool skull!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally love those freakin skulls!!! Yours is amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete