10.05.2010

The Original Li'l Grumpie - Day 5 of 31!

I bring you a very special project today. You are about to see The Original Li'l Grumpie. I made this little guy almost two years ago for my daughter. He was the inspiration behind the stamp set Li'l Grumpies (Smeared Ink). He started it all....

So, to display The Original, i made a little trick-or-treat style bag. I started with a clear bag...


...and sprayed some glass frosting spray everywhere but a circle on the front. This created the little window for The Original to peak out. I stamped my Li'l Grumpie (Smeared Ink) on white cardstock and colored him with Prismacolors. I used orange acrylic paint and bubble wrap for the texture on my bag and colored in between with a purple paint pen. Glue'd google eyes randomly on the outside, threw some yarn and a button into the mix, and here you go  :)






Hope you love him as much as my daughter does! Thanks for stopping by! See ya tomorrow for day 6!!!

If you need a refresher on the rules of 31 Days of Halloween check out my sidebar.

15 comments:

  1. oh that is darling.. I must show my girls. they will sooo want one! the grumpies are def my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori, this is great! And I LOVE the original Grumpie! He is soooo cute! I want a gaggle of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tori I love him he is so cute I love the grumpies your bag is great
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The original Grumpie is adorable!! You are a woman of many mysteries, you make great art, you tattoo, and you make awesome little Grumpies!!! The bag is equally as awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How stinkin' cute!!!!! So that's where the inpiration came from. LOVE him and the adorable bag! FABULOUS! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Tori- you are the best Mom! The original is FABULOUS! I love that you colored the stamped one the same as the original. WONDERFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tori, this is great! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No wonder she loves it! too cute. You talk about doing that packaging like it was nothing - but it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWWWWW I want one!!!!! He is awesome! Love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, I won't allow my daughter to look at this blog now or she will want one, I know I do :)
    The bag looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so great! its cool seeing where ideas come from...and his lil bag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love him!!! what amazing inspiration...

    just awesome Tori!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who couldn't fall in love with this. I love the original grumpie and can see why he is so loved. A fantastic way to present as well, just that sneak preview before opening the bag
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww i love the grumpie!!! marvelous bag!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic goodie bag and your original grumpie is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete