10.04.2011

Day 4 - 31 Days of Halloween!

Howdy folks! Day 4 and my mojo didn't go back into hiding yet! Wooohooo! I hope you all are still having a blast and loving every minute of our creeptastic 31 day celebration of Halloween!! Don't forget about all the cool stuff you can win each and every day by leaving comments and playing along with our scavenger hunt.

OK, my offering for day 4 is another altered box. I had so much fun making the Poe box that I decided I'd have another go. This one is a little bit smaller, but similar in that it was raw wood before I started and I purchased it at Michael's. This time around I used black acrylic paint for my base....then stamped my spider webs and spider images (all from Inkadinkadoo) with VersaMark. I used red embossing powder for all of my stamped images. Once everything was dry i coated my box in glitter paint and painted my hinges with a silver paint pen since they were gold to begin with.

In pictures 2 and 3 you can see that my mamma spider, a.k.a. Black Widow, is under glass. She's very dangerous and keeps trophies from all her kills inside the box! Here you go, enjoy!






Now a hopping you shall go! Have a great time!!
(<------ hop list is at the top of my sidebar for your convenience)

22 comments:

  1. Another incredible box! I love the colors and the glitter.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WoW - that is sooo stunning. I love the spider & web stamps. This ROCKS !!!
    Hugz
    Ike xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have guessed you could heat emboss that well on wood! Just FABULOUS! Need to be on the lookout for that glitter paint, too. LOVE THIS! So elegantly creepy. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so shiney!! great box with the black and red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tori,

    Stunner, that is just an awesome box, what a terrific job on this love the red spider webs & red spiders, and what a great place to hold your skulls!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. CREEPY COOL! love those skulls beads also :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful. Love the spiders in the red and the skulls in the box - lair - are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the box, great job, the skullies are fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. great box love the colours
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A box of skulls - now that's creepy. Love it, though and all of the bright red spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great little box, love the webs and the skulls are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the coolest box Tori! I love how mamma spider is under glass protecting her treasures. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beyond fabulous! I totally dig the black and red combo and those spiders and webs look frickin awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! This is a gorgeous little box. I laughed with I got to see her treasure...lol love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tori... I LOVE this box! And you have done a wonderful job of painting and stamping on it!!! Wow! Hmmm... my birthday is in May, by the way! LMAO!! I am in awwww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. creepy cool, box of skulls! very fun! very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That box is gorgeous! I love the webs and the spider in the inset on the lid!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I luurrvve this! So beautifully creepy on the outside, and then it has skulls inside too! Genius! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. great box hun! love it all!!! specially the suprise inside!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Black and Red Gorgeous combo. This beautiful.

    Fiona. x

    ReplyDelete