10.01.2011

Day 1 - 31 Days of Halloween 2011!


Welcome to Day 1 of 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN 2011! We are super excited to be bringing you our third annual Halloween/Day of The Dead celebration from Smeared and Smudged!

shhhh!
We recruited Wicked Bloggers to join in the 31 Days extravaganza of projects, so you'll have a plethora of Halloween goodness to feast your eyes on all month long! The challenge for the Wicked Bloggers is to participate all month by providing a different stamped project each and every day in October! That is NOT an easy task! So, please cheer them on throughout the month! I will have the blog roll on my side bar throughout the month so you can access it easily.

I'm looking forward to the challenge again, and I hope you are excited to participate as either a Horrifying Hopper or Sinister Lurker. If you need to see the rules and prize information you should stop at Terra's blog. She's got all the need to know info for you!

Now - on to my offering for Day 1. I kept it simple for my starting project since it's been an extremely busy week for me. They will only get better from here - THAT'S A PROMISE! ;)

click for bigger view
I used the mummy Haziz from Smeared Ink's 'Smell My Feet' digi stamp set along with some bats and my Happy Halloween sentiment from Inkadinkado. My background paper is just a basic orange card stock that I added some black smudges too and then I cut a really neat image out of a magazine to frame my main image. I hope you like it, now - get to hopping! And don't forget to leave comments for everyone so you qualify for the GRAND PRIZE!!!!




Terra
Tori  <---me
Sara
Christy
Celina
Donna
Susan
Kapree
Lisa
Black Dragon
Lady Brayton
Jane
Alex
Monique
Jennifer
Alison
Sugar
Heather
Dragonfly Jane
Kelli
Dianne
Steph
Ike
Fiona
Kristy
Freddie
Sharon
Mary Ann

28 comments:

  1. I love all the elements of your card! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty nice detail for a simple project. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tori... I love your creation!! I would have never thought to cut something from a magazine to use in my artwork... like you did for the background!!! Have a wicked day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful halloween card! great cut work!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Halloween card with the new image :-D I LOVE those bats - excellent with their glitz :-)
    Hugz
    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the glittery bats! Can't wait to see what project comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cute mummy, gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! I love the mag cut-out you did as a backdrop for your awesome mummy and those bats rock! Your card looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great image of the mummy and the glitter ats are awesome. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's a cutie! Love the little bats and cool frame xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tori,
    I so wish I was as talented as you, your my heroees I know that's not a work for scrabble but I like the word he he. I love your art work It's just so FAB, looking fwd to more of your stunning ideas!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not anonymous but tried several times to post from Goggle account and couldn't get it to work here so trying this. Sharon Sahl says: Your background is super and I love the digital coloring on the mummy - very minimal and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great image! love the sentiment, it is a beautiful stamp. the black background is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great image and love how you have used it
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Lovin' the sparkley bats. I'm going to have to go more slowly when I look at magazines, so cool how you got your background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love little Haziz, what a cute mummy. Great card, Tori - love the purple glittery bats, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, love the purple bats.

    frith
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the swirly corners! Great sentiment set too. FUN Tori!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tori this little mummy is FAB! Love the little bats and the gorgeous sentiment (is it a stamp?)

    Fiona. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a cute image! the hands remind me of candy corn!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That card is amazing! Love the mummy and the bats!

    ReplyDelete
  22. that card is awesome as usual.
    love the mummy image. gotta add him to my growing collection. added 4 more tonight. love them all
    thanks for sharing again
    MaRyKaY
    kemperneck70@gmail.com

    I'm having same trouble as other person I read up above. cant leave comment through google wordpress or livejournal and took me 3 tries this way.

    ReplyDelete
  23. that is so cute! love the background!

    ReplyDelete