10.11.2011

Day 11 - 31 Days of Halloween

What a long day it was yesterday. I'm going to post my Day 11 project and hit the sac!! OK - I'm going to make this as quick as possible because I'm beat! I went to Hobby Lobby earlier today and found - yes, another - raw wood box to decorate. I have plenty already, but this one just called my name....I should have never gone down that isle!! Anyhoo, I mod-podged some really cool tissue paper onto the outside of the box and then sanded it to give it a distressed look. They I applied some Tim Holtz distress crackle paint ( antique lines), dried it with my heat gun, burned my hand by touching the metal tip, and then used my vintage photo and peeled paint distress pads to give it some dimension. While all that was settling, I colored my 4 (YES, FOUR) zombie headshots (smeared ink) with my prismacolor markers and cut them out. I mod-podged them to the inside of the box. The cool thing is that the box was already sectioned off into 4 little compartments.....so they fit perfectly! I added some crackle and distress ink to them as well and then used my heat gun again to get it all dried quickly (because I'm very impatient!). The final touch was to add some glitter paint to the outside of the box to give it just a little bit of sparkle. The best thing about this box is that after I use it has Halloween decor I can use it to hold my ATCs!!!!!! The four compartments inside the box are the perfect size for ATCs and I thought HOW AWESOME! It was just meant to be....me and this box are soul mates! And - that's how I know I'm tired. LOL. I'll stop rambling, give you some pics, and send you on your way...enjoy the hop today - and don't forget that the hop list is on my sidebar!!

<---------









19 comments:

  1. This makes me giggly happy! I lov3e it! Fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! lady b is giggly! I love this box girl! awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS - I love the effect on this box. You were right - it and you were meant to be :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the outside of the box, the zombies scare me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cool, i love how you 'painted' the images on! great job on altering this box, fabolous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, it's a gorgeous box and think of how you can just set it out and scare the pants off people like Monique and me if we would be nosey enough to open it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your box fantastic work
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb box!!! It looks like it has been a family heirloom for many years!
    Great job.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE this box and what a cool idea for your ATC's!!! I love when things work out for a duel purpose!!! I have been trying to figure out what I am going to do with mine, since it seems I am really getting addicted to them!!! LOL! Oooppss...sidetracked... back to your awesome box, I love the zombie head shots that you added inside!! Awesome Creation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome idea, that box is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool box! Love the zombie images on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how antique and distressed this looks! And inside the piece de resistance! Fabulous zombies and how cool for ATC storage. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tori,
    Your a riot, reading your post made me laugh.
    Your deco box is so FAB girl! Yes, I think you and that box are meant to be.
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this box, I can see why you couldn't pass it up. Such a cool idea to have those images in each section too. I hope your burn isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the box, and those zombie headshots are totally creepy! Love it! Ouch on the burn tho.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is wonderful!!!! Gory, creepy and soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome diddy box. that would look good in my collection

    ReplyDelete
  18. They DO fit perfectly and you have coloured them beautifully. I love the design on the lid.

    ReplyDelete