10.17.2011

Day 17 - 31 Days of Halloween

Today i bring you something a little bit different. I found these cool little DIY vinyl toys at Michaels when I was doing my Halloween shopping. This little guy has been waiting to be used for a couple of months. I spray painted him with silver paint and then applied a nice coat of crackle over him. I then dry brushed the green and black acrylic paint over the crackle. I really like the effect of the crackle. I stamped a skull and crossbones onto the toy's belly but you can't see it since I added a happy halloween sign (stamped) into his hands. The final touches were to add glitter paint and some brads for eyes. Hope you like him!





Now go check out all the other cool Day 17 projects!

15 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! great project :)
    great texture!

    Did you ever get a winner?

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he's just fabulous. Love the colouring and the glittery bits. FAB :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he's just ADORABLE! I didn't know you could alter vinyl that way. Love the crackle. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tori,
    He is so cute, what a great job you did on him, just so cool!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the little vampire version of this figure! They're all so cute! Mine isn't painted yet...great job with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. he is toooo cute! I wanted to get some..but didn't know what to do with em.. you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so adorable Tori!!! Okay... his little butt is to cute!!! LOL!!! Gorgeous job of painting and crackling him!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. he is CUTE- kind of like a Frankenstein Elvis :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love him looks awesome
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh so cute! love his little sign too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, I miss so much not having Michael's close by. This is the cutest little guy and love that you used him for Halloeen and gave him green skin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cute lil dude. kinda looks like a cupie frank from behind

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool find Tori! Great job with the painting, He's sooo cute

    ReplyDelete