10.07.2012

Day 7 - 31 Days of Halloween

Well folks, you've made it to Day 7 - ONE WEEK DOWN! How are you feeling? I hope everyone is enjoy this awesome event! We've only got three more weeks to go and then it's gone for an entire year. Is it weird that I'm already thinking about how sad November will be without daily inspiration from everyone (sniff-sniff)?

OK, enough mushy stuff....For Day 7 I offer you an altered can. I mod podged some awesome paper (from Lady Brayton, thanks again for the awesome paper!) on the outside and inside of my can. Before I applied it I crumbled it and used some distress ink to add some extra color. The I used a spider web stamp to give it some added creepiness. I also stamped the spider web onto my skull that I mounted onto a spring to go inside the can....it's sort of a skully bobble head :). To finish it off I added some skulls to the bottom as the feet. Hope you like it!










Now off you go to visit Kristy next! If you get lost, remember that the hop list is on my sidebar! 
And keep your eyes peeled for the scavenger hunt!!!

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love seeing your work every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project is over the top! I love the concept of the bobble head, love the paper, the spider web on the skull and the best part....skulls for the feet!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab idea! love the texture on the can and skulls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh. this is awesomeness!! Every detail is on point and I love those little skull feet for your can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous. I want that sitting on my desk at work, it would go with the rest of the decor. Love it. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YaY - crazy cool... I LUV it :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is bad-ass to the extreme! I freakin love it! I'm glad you were able to use those yummy papers. They are from Creative Imaginations :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it fantastic altered can
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, love altering items, it so much fun.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. super creepy and I like that you repurposed a can...and probably the spring...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. altered art ..wow you are the best with it. awesome art.
    hugs,
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!!! I had the same idea but I was gonna make it in a pop top can so the thing jumped out when you opened it. Sort of hard to photograph, though. LOL Mine wouldn't have been as cool as yours turned out to be, of course. LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is so cool! The skull even looks kind of angry. I love how it is popping up out of the can you decorated.... awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cool it's like a jack n the box, but a skull in a can! Love how you decorated it and used the skulls as feet.
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This has got to be the most awesome thing I've seen so far!! I so want one of those!!
    luv and hugz Shell x

    ReplyDelete